About Zirn Consulting
After the retirement of Karl-Ludwig Lothhammer from company Lothhammer & Zirn Consulting GbR the Zirn Consulting was formed in January 2020 to continue the Trimble/Inpho sales business within the regions of Europe, Africa, Middle East and Indian Sub-Continent.
The principal of the company is:
Volker Zirn, owner and founder of the company, has more than 30 years of experiences in service and product sales in a wide business network. After graduating with a Masters degree in cartography from the University of Applied Sciences, Berlin he worked within the framework of a Special Research Project on the development and production of a series of thematic maps using aerial photos and satellite imagery for a national atlas of Egypt. For more than 20 years he was responsible for commercial photogrammetric production on, among others, the following projects:
- Land Use Classification Feasibility Study of a High Mountainous Area in Austria
- Digital Terrain Model for the “Hamburger National Park Mud-flats”
- Digital orthophotos projects for several municipalities in different European countries
- Several projects with complex data structure, within the framework of the Digital National Waterway GIS
- Mapping projects for railways
- Gas pipeline and power line mapping in addition to a various number of LIDAR projects in different European countries
Volker joined Trimble/Inpho in 2009 with responsibility for direct sales and reseller support for the entire Trimble/Inpho product portfolio including specific software and hardware in Europe, Russia and CIS.
All the experience from the past focuses on the goal of providing customers with efficient and professional state-of-the-art photogrammetric workflows, solutions and support for the ultimate benefit of their end users.